xr86yp295m Forex Leader: New version of EA - Error Messages

New version of EA - Error Messages

New version of EA – Error messages

You might remember I wrote a while back about an error message I have been getting from time to time for which (1) I don’t know the cause and (2) can’t find a solution because of (1). So I just live with it. That error is “(0) No Error”. Now what this does is after there is a valid cross and an alert is sent, the open trade order is sent but then this No Error shows up and no trade is taken. You can see in the example below exactly what shows up in your lower Experts folder. This happened last Monday with GBPAUD (you have to read from bottom to top).



As you can see, you’ve got first “Alert: Moving Average Cross Down” followed by the closing of the previous Buy then it says the stdlib was loaded successfully (more on that later) then instead of getting a normal message which would say “Open Sell”, the Error Message appeared “Error Opening Sell order: (0) no error” and no trade was taken. Let me show you what happened to GBPAUD after that:



You can see the closing of the previous Buy (red triangle) and also the crossing of the MAs and also that no Sell order was taken – this would appear as a small red arrow. You can also see that this trade would currently be approx. +700 pips.

Well the problem is now partially solved ! I finally got a very good and friendly programmer, Mladen, to help me out with this. As far as I can understand his explanation, this is kind of a “false” error in the sense that all errors are supposed to have a number + a description (see next post with all the errors listed). This one is due to a programming glitch which results in the correct “error” not being shown which shows up as a (0) error. What the programmer did is fix things so next time the error occurs, it will return the RIGHT number and description and I’ll finally be able to figure out what the problem is – maybe it’s because of a special parameter in the EA or it’s broker related or something else, but at least I’ll know what it is and then be able to figure out a way to correct it, if it’s possible. It might not be – remember sometimes we get the “Trade Context Busy” error for which we can’t do anything because it’s broker related and we just have to accept it as part of our trading life. But maybe it’ll be something else which can be fixed. So I’m totally grateful to Mladen for his help and next week I’ll be watching closely to see what was hiding behind that (0) error. I uploaded the new version of the EA on my transfer site, so feel free to go get it and replace it, if you’ve been getting those error messages (some people do, some don’t, it’s really a mystery case, that one).

Now if you do get the new version, you’ll need to do a few things. First make a back-up copy of your old version and save it somewhere with a new file name, just in case. The new EA has EXACTLY the same filename as the old one to ensure that no problem occurs so you don’t need to worry about anything. Simply copy the new EA in the Experts directory and that should do the trick (shut down and re-launch your MT4 platforms). If you’ve got any open trades, I thought you’d need to manage them manually, of course, because the new EA can’t “remember” what it hasn’t taken. But I just did a test myself, and by golly! The new EA remembers the old trades! Fascinating. But still, I’ll keep a close eye to make sure. I’ll test things out when markets open and confirm here if that’s all you need to do and that things worked out smoothly (or not) so if you’re unsure, wait a bit before downloading the new EA.

My next entry will be dedicated to the various Error Messages which you can get and what they mean.

UPDATE: A FOLLOW-UP TO THIS POST CAN BE FOUND HERE:

http://forexleader-forexleader.blogspot.com/2010/02/error-messages.html